17/11/2017 0 Comments
Eye Exam Calgary
To countless residents of Northwest Calgary, getting an annual eye exam is simply a matter of routine. Unfortunately, many others wait until they have a serious vision problem to see an eye doctor in Calgary. By the time a problem has manifested to the point that it is debilitating, it may be quite complicated to manage.
The professionals at Crowfoot Vision Centre hope that you will make routine eye examinations a part of your yearly healthcare plan. We always prefer to catch an eye condition early and treat it as soon as possible.
Your Calgary Optometrists Discuss the Reasons You Should Have Your Eyes Examined
If you do not know why having your eyes tested is essential, you might naturally skip this kind of exam. Read on to explore the reasons why getting a yearly eye exam is so critical:
- More than a Screening: It is easy to confuse an eye exam with a screening. However, while both of these practices serve important purposes, an eye exam is much more intensive than a vision screening. A basic screening may only last a few moments, and it might even be performed by someone other than a qualified professional.
- Children: Parents should ensure that their children have regular eye exams. This kind of health exam may be vital to overall learning and development. A child may have trouble learning and not realize that the issue is due to a vision problem. If left untreated, this could lead to learning problems throughout a child’s educational process.
- After 40: Another commonly affected age range is people who are over the age of 40. Eye health can deteriorate after that age, and it is not abnormal for a person over 40 to experience presbyopia. This condition is characterized by a person’s increasing lack of capacity to focus on objects.
- Potential Issues: Some of the conditions that your eye doctor might test for include glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration. These are very serious issues that can get progressively worse, especially without treatment.
Pay Attention to Possible Symptoms of Vision Loss
If you notice certain signs that may indicate vision loss or another kind of eye problem, do not ignore them. The sooner your local optometrist can examine your eyes, the better.
These are some of the symptoms that you should be aware of and address as early as possible:
- itchy eyes
- oozing eyes
- seeing flashes of light or spots
- having other health conditions, such as diabetes
- night blindness while driving
- motion sickness
- recent head trauma
While it may be easy to take your vision for granted, you will definitely miss your eyesight if it begins to deteriorate. Eye problems can happen at any time in your life, and they should never be ignored. Be sure to schedule an eye exam yearly at Crowfoot Vision Centre. If you notice any symptoms or have recently suffered another major health problem that might affect your vision, do not wait until your next routine exam to talk to us.
Are you looking for an Arbour Lake eye doctor? Do not hesitate to call us at 403-241-3000 to book an eye exam. You may also wish to stop by our Calgary eye centre. Additionally, you can fill out our online contact form for more information.