06/07/2017 0 Comments
Looking for the Perfect Holiday Gift? Consider Prescription Sunglasses
Sunglasses are used year-round and perfect for the fashionista, active individual or even the family member that wears prescription glasses.
Tips for Picking Sunglasses in Calgary
Now that you have narrowed down your choices to sunglasses, the next step is picking the right glasses based on your recipient’s style and face shape. After all, you want them to look good in the glasses you pick. Some ways to make sure you pick the right style include:
- Aim for Protection First - You want sunglasses that will protect against UV exposure. UV radiation can cause a variety of problems for the eyes, including burns, cancer and cataracts. Look for sunglasses that offer at least 99 percent protection from UVB rays and at least 95 percent from UVA rays.
- Select the Size of the Lens - Next you will want to consider the size and shape. You need to contrast the person’s face shape with the right frame shape. For round faces, go with angular frames. If the face is square, you will want a round, softer frame.
- Style of Lens - The shape and style of the lens also matters. Mirror shades have a mirrored coating, which usually comes in aviator and wraparound shapes. Some popular shapes include tear drops, oversized, teashades, wayfarers and aviators.
- Consider Prescription Needs - Is the person you are buying for someone that wears prescription glasses? If so, you may want to provide them with a gift certificate or pre-pay for prescription sunglasses. That way they can still protect their eyes while actually being able to see properly.
- Consider Transitions Lenses - If you are buying for someone that wears prescription sunglasses, consider transition glasses. These change to a dark lens in the sunlight and a clear lens inside, which eliminates the need for them to constantly change glasses.
If you are looking for the perfect gift, come check out the selection of sunglasses at Crowfoot Vision Centre. We carry a wide range of cosmetic and prescription glasses. If you are not sure which type of sunglasses to choose, speak with one of our eye doctors here in Calgary.
Call us at 403-241-3000 to schedule an eye exam or contact us online to inquire about our huge selection of sunglasses.