Schedule Your Arbour Lake Eye Exam in Calgary
Early diagnosis and treatment helps our patients with their overall health. Similar to a routine physical, we suggest you get a routine Arbour Lake eye exam in Calgary at least once a year. During this test we will test for the four main types of refractive errors.
- Myopia: Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. This means that objects that are close to you are clear, but objects in the distance are hard to see.
- Hyperopia: You might have heard of this as farsightedness. This is the opposite of myopia, where objects in the distance are clear but objects closer to you are blurry.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is caused by a cornea that is not correctly curved. Most symptoms of this are when objects that are near and far are both blurred.
- Presbyopia: A condition when your near vision starts to decrease as you get older. This makes it more difficult to read.
In addition to checking for refractive errors, the eye doctors at Crowfoot Vision Centre use our advanced equipment to check for disease states such as:
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Neurological disorders which affect vision
- Macular degeneration
As with most illnesses, early diagnosis is the key to effective treatment. Get your Arbour Lake eye exam with the Calgary optometrists at Crowfoot Vision Centre. We have a knowledgeable team of eye doctors with over 20 years of experience who can do eye exams for the whole family.