12/09/2019 0 Comments
Early Signs You Might Need Glasses
If you’ve never needed to wear glasses, you may have not bothered to have regular eye examinations at the optometrist. However, at some point you may start to find your eyes are irritated or your vision is getting blurry, especially as you get older. Here are seven early warning signs that you may need glasses and that it’s time to book an eye exam.
1. Frequent headaches. If you’re experiencing vision problems, it’s common to suffer from headaches. Pay attention to when these headaches occur. If the headaches coincide with activities such as reading or looking at a screen, it may be time to see an eye doctor.
2. Blurry vision. You may notice that things look blurry either up close or far away. When you can no longer read the fine print on food labels or documents or you can’t see road signs in the distance it’s time to find an optometrist in Calgary.
3. Watery eyes. If your eyes are getting watery more often, that can be due to straining to focus them without realizing it. Difficulty focusing your vision is a common sign that your eyes need to be evaluated.
4. Tired eyes. Tired, heavy eyes can be a sign that they’re struggling too hard to make up for lack of clarity. This wears out your eye muscles and can be very uncomfortable.
5. Difficulty focusing. If you find yourself having to squint or blink several times in order to focus on something, it’s time to go to the eye doctor.
6. Double Vision. Double vision can be caused by many things, but some of its causes can be dealt with by wearing appropriate prescription lenses. However, it can also be caused by a serious health problem so it’s important to see a health care professional if this happens to you frequently.
7. Poor night vision. Trouble seeing in the dark means that your eyes are not adjusting from light to dark as well as they used to. This can be an indicator that it’s time for glasses. If you drive a lot at night, it’s imperative that you visit an eye doctor.
Book an Eye Exam in Calgary
Contact us to book an appointment for an eye exam if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms. If you’re looking for glasses in Calgary, Crowfoot Vision Centre can help you find the perfect prescription and frames for your lifestyle.