20/08/2019 0 Comments
How to Stop Losing Your Sunglasses This Summer
Sunglasses are an important accessory for your eyes. They are more than just a means of making a fashion statement. Wearing the right kinds of shades serves to protect your eyes from the sun. Sunlight contains harmful UV rays that can actually lead to vision loss. The best and most convenient way to shield your eyes from those rays is to use a pair of quality sunglasses every day.
How to Stop Losing Your Sunglasses: 5 Tips from Your Calgary Optometrists
Once you find the perfect pair of dark glasses, the last thing you will want to do is lose them! If you have had a problem with misplacing eyewear in the past, you can start taking action now to correct this issue. Here are the top 5 ways to stop losing your glasses, so you may have sun protection for your eyes when you need it the most.
1. Designated Area – One trick for not losing important items is to always keep them in one place. If you store your shades without fail in a specific location, you will greatly reduce the chances of losing them. You might keep them in a certain place on your desk, in a carryall that you use every day or somewhere near your front door.
2. Neck Cord – If you often seem to misplace your glasses when you are away from home, wear them on a neck cord. You will never lose them again when you are out in public, and no one will be able to swipe them when your attention is directed elsewhere.
3. Visor Clip – Another useful product is the visor clip. You can attach this to the visor in your vehicle, and then, affix your sunglasses to the clip.
4. On Your Head – Until you obtain a neck cord or visor clip, position your shades on top of your head when you are not using them. You might temporarily forget where they are, but you will not actually lose them!
5. Extra Pairs – Sometimes, losing a pair of sunglasses is inevitable. Your neck cord might break, or you might be absent-minded and set your shades down somewhere. If you always have a pair or two of backup sunglasses, your eyes will always be protected.
Wearing dark glasses is an easy and fashionable way to shield your eyes from the sun. At Crowfoot Vision Centre, we are happy to help you with all of your eyewear needs. From eye exams to product selections, our team is here to assist you. Remember to follow our tips, so you can stop losing your sunglasses this summer.
Our Calgary optometrists proudly serve the area residents. Call us today at 403-241-3000 for information about our eyewear and optometry services. You may also contact us online, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.